August 2016 media round up
Over the last month we have issued another six press releases to the media – including updates on prescription consultations, our pop up event in Newcastle and also on the launch of our new Gluten Free Food Checker app.
Below is a selection of the recent coverage in both national and regional media.
Firstly there has been lots of noise in the media about prescriptions:
North Yorkshire CCGs:
- BBC North Yorkshire
- ITV Calendar
- Star Radio
- Northern Echo
- Darlington and Stockton Times
- Harrogate News
- Management in Practice
- Stray FM
- Yorkshire Post
We are also currently liaising with ITV Tyne Tees for a feature to be aired in early September about the prescription cuts in Harrogate. A case study will be interviewed along with Sarah Sleet, Chief Executive of Coeliac UK. Norma McGough Director of Policy, Research and Campaigns was also interviewed by the Selby Times in regard to the voucher scheme being trialled by City of York CCG and we await publication of that.
St Helens CCG:
Fylde and Wyre CCG:
- Blackpool Gazette
- Fleetwood Today
- Director of Policy, Research and Campaigns, Norma McGough was interviewed by BBC Radio Lancashire.
National newspapers also published coverage on gluten-free prescriptions:
In other non prescription news:
- WebMd - Viral infections link to childhood coeliac disease
- Daily Mail- Bloated and in pain? Your birthday could be to blame: Babies born in spring and summer are more likely suffer painful gut condition
- Medical News Today- Celiac disease: Season, region of birth linked with increased risk in children
- Reuters - Can season and place of birth influence celiac disease risk?
- Belper News - Gluten Freedom teens campaign for disease sufferers
- Healthista- On a gluten-free diet? Chef Raymond Blanc’s gluten-free cooking course
- Bakery Info - Family bakery launches exclusive gluten-free Cornish pasty
- West Briton- Helston's Good Food Bakery launches gluten free Cornish pasty
- Mix 96 - 100 Mile Bike Ride For Coeliac UK
- Yahoo.com - How Your Self-Enforced Gluten-Free Diet Could Be Harming Your Health.
Coeliac UK’s new app, Gluten Free Food Checker was also covered by a number of catering publications and we are hoping for further coverage in hard copies of magazines too:
- Eat Out Magazine
- The Grocer (behind the paywall)
- Cost Sector Catering
- British Baker
- Free From Heaven.
Other national coverage that didn’t appear online includes:
- Now magazine
- That’s Life
- Jewish Tribune
- Women’s Weekly
- Your Fitness
- Woman and Home
- Good Housekeeping
- Real People
- Jamie Magazine
- People’s Friend
- Tesco Magazine
- Sainsbury’s Magazine
- Women’s Running.
And regionally there has also been coverage in:
- Belfast Live
- Herald Scotland
- Cumberland and Westmorland Herald
- East Anglian Daily Times
- Plymouth Herald
- Keswick Reminder
- Surrey Advertiser
- Jersey Evening Post
- Bognor Observer
- Hereford Times
- Huddersfield Daily Examiner
- Mid Devon Gazette
- Western Morning News
- Bucks Herald.