Our Member Charter
We are committed to providing you with the highest quality of service and to listening to your views.
We aim to:
- keep you up to date with the work we are doing and changes that might affect you
- respond to any queries you have in a courteous, timely and professional manner
- reply to emails or letters within three working days of receiving them (we send letters second class to use our Members' contributions as effectively as possible, so please allow for postage time)
- allow Members to engage with each other by providing public forums, and mediate them to protect Members against abusive or offensive behaviour.
If you have a query about your Membership or feedback on our services, please contact us using the details below:
Membership Helpline Team
3rd Floor Apollo Centre
0333 332 2033 (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm)
Please always quote your Membership number and a daytime contact number in communications. If you do not have your Membership number, please provide your full name and address.
If you have a question about your diet, health or food and drink products, please call our Helpline on 0333 332 2033. Our Helpline is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Case studies, Member stories and testimonials
Coeliac UK will use the information you have given in the above submissions to promote awareness of coeliac disease and the gluten-free diet and Membership of Coeliac UK. By giving us this information you agree for it to be used by Coeliac UK on our website, marketing materials or other printed Coeliac UK documents. Please only send stories or images that are suitable for publication.
- We will bank your Member fee payments and donations securely and as quickly as possible.
- We will always seek the most cost effective solutions in our work to ensure we use your money in the best way possible.
- Membership fees enable us to plan our work for the future and continue to provide information and support services. Therefore refunds on Membership fees may not always be possible. However we will consider any request on an individual basis.
Our complaints procedure
Although we try to provide the best service possible, we know there could be times when we don’t get it right. We take our Members' concerns and feedback very seriously and appreciate the effort you make in contacting us. If you have a complaint, please contact us using the contact details above.
What happens next?
There are several stages to ensuring that we respond appropriately:
We will consider the issues you have raised carefully and respond within three working days. Where a matter is more complex, we will call or email you within three working days of receipt to let you know of the actions that we are taking and will continue to update you on our progress.
If you are unhappy with our response, or with the progress of a complaint, you can ask for the matter to be passed to the Head of Membership. Again, we will respond within three working days of receipt.
If you are still unhappy with our response, then the complaint should be referred in writing to Sarah Sleet, our Chief Executive, at: Coeliac UK, 3rd Floor Apollo Centre, Desborough Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2QW. (Please note that this will only be considered a formal complaint if stages one and two have already been tried and have not achieved a satisfactory conclusion).
Our Chief Executive will acknowledge the complaint in writing within two working days of receipt and begin an investigation. Every effort will be made to complete this investigation within seven working days of receipt. Our Chief Executive will then contact the complainant with the findings, recommendations and/or proposed actions.
In the unlikely event of no agreement being reached between our Chief Executive and the complainant, the complaint will be forwarded to our voluntary Board of Governors for their consideration. Only the Chief Executive or the Board of Governors has the authority to agree upon a resolution, once the formal complaints procedure has been instigated.
Thank you - your feedback will help us to evaluate and improve on our services
We appreciate your support and welcome your feedback. Should you have any comments on the content of our Member Charter itself, please let our Head of Membership know via the contact details above.