With the help of our Members and supporters we have changed the lives of people with coeliac disease.
- We persuaded Government to develop national guidelines on the diagnosis and management of coeliac disease driving up standards of care.
- We signed up high street restaurants to our gluten-free accreditation scheme guaranteeing safe and clearly marked options when eating out.
- We’ve trained hospitals, universities, local pubs and airline caterers in providing safe gluten-free catering.
- We found new genes associated with coeliac disease through our funding of research.
- We persuaded the European Commission to drop proposals on gluten-free labelling which would make it harder to identify safe foods.
- We made the most of new smartphone technology to create our first app providing product and venue information on the move.
- We launched groups in Westminster, the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly to keep politicians informed about the needs of people with the condition.
- We have supported over 130,000 people with coeliac disease over the years with information and advice.
In 2014, a research study we cofunded was published that found that the numbers of those diagnosed with the condition have increased fourfold bringing the diagnosed population to 24% of those with the condition.