What are the symptoms of coeliac disease?
The symptoms of coeliac disease vary from person to person and can range from very mild to severe. Common symptoms include:
- frequent bouts of diarrhoea or loose stools
- nausea, feeling sick and vomiting
- stomach pain and cramping
- lots of gas and bloating
- feeling tired all the time, ongoing fatigue
- anaemia (you would be told if you’re anaemic following a blood test)
- weight loss (although not in all cases)
- regular mouth ulcers
- constipation or hard stools
- skin rash (dermatitis herpetiformis, the skin manifestation of coeliac disease).
If you have any of these symptoms, you can take our online assessment which is a short questionnaire on symptoms and other risk factors for coeliac disease.