Become a Food Campaigner
We know that eating out and getting access to gluten-free foods is of huge importance to our Members. Through becoming a Food Campaigner you can help to improve the availability of gluten-free food in convenience stores and supermarkets and increase gluten-free menu options in restaurants and eateries.
We need your help and support to raise awareness, highlight when things go wrong and educate others locally. Together we will ensure that food choice does not diminish, that it becomes easier than ever before to go food shopping and that we can eat out with confidence and pleasure.
We are looking for people who:
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- are able to work proactively and use own initiative
- can be persuasive and feel confident speaking to a range of different people
- have access to email and internet
- have knowledge or experience of coeliac disease and the gluten-free diet.
As a Food Campaigner you will:
- make a positive difference towards supporting those with coeliac disease and those on a gluten-free diet locally
- improve understanding of catering gluten-free locally
- open up dialogue with local caters and store managers
- meet new people within your local community
- contribute to the work of the Charity
- increase your confidence and develop your skills, enhancing your CV
- receive support, online training and relevant materials to help you to fulfil this role.
We request a minimum commitment of six months. This role has flexible hours and workload may vary according to campaigning activity going on at any time.
If you would like more information on the role, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.