Become a Health Campaigner
As you may know from your own diagnosis story, it can take many years from first presenting symptoms to your GP to finally getting a diagnosis.
We are looking for Health Campaigners to raise awareness and campaign locally to help find the half a million people in the UK without a diagnosis and ensure post diagnosis support is received. Together we can achieve an accelerated rate of diagnosis and uniformly high quality care and management of coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis (DH).
We are looking for people who:
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- are able to work proactively and use own initiative
- can be persuasive and feel confident speaking to a range of different people
- have access to email
- have knowledge or experience of coeliac disease.
As a Health Campaigner you will:
- make a positive difference towards supporting those with coeliac disease locally
- liaise with and initiate greater dialogue with healthcare professionals
- meet new people within your local community
- contribute to the work of the Charity
- increase your confidence and develop your skills, enhancing your CV
- receive support, online training and relevant materials to help you to fulfil this role.
We request a minimum commitment of six months. This role has flexible hours and workload may vary according to campaigning activity going on at any time.
If you would like more information on the role, please email us at [email protected].