Coeliac UK Awareness Week 2019
Awareness Week from 13 – 19 May, is about diagnosis and we want more people to ask themselves, ‘Is it coeliac disease?’
We’re asking you to spread the word and help us reach people who might not know that their symptoms could be undiagnosed coeliac disease.
- Help get people diagnosed. We have an online assessment that people can complete to tell them whether they should be tested for coeliac disease. Share it on social media using the hashtag #isitcoeliacdisease and tell your family and friends about it.
- Hold a gluten free tea party. Why not throw a party in your local area using our leaflets and posters and fundraise for our research fund? You’ll shortly be able to register packs.
- Drop in leaflets. Order our leaflets and posters and display these on notice boards or GP surgeries and pharmacies in your local area. Soon you can order your pack and start raising awareness.
- Blog. If you blog then write about how you got diagnosed so more people hear about your experiences and share our online assessment to help get people diagnosed. Your story might sound familiar to someone and help them realise they need to seek diagnosis.
- Create a Coeliac UK Awareness Week space at your workplace. By creating a Coeliac UK Awareness Week space or information point at your workplace you can get your colleagues involved and you could help raise awareness and get more people diagnosed. Don’t forget to take photos and share them with us on social media!
- Upload a short video. Upload a short video to our social media at www.facebook.com/coeliacuk or tag us in a video on Twitter @coeliac_uk and Instagram using the hashtag #isitcoeliacdisease and tell people about how getting diagnosed has changed your life.
- Be #IsitCoeliacDisease. We would love for you to share your symptoms before your diagnosis so more people see how complex coeliac disease can be. Use one of our speech bubble cards to write your symptoms, name and age, then send us a photo of you holding it or post to our social media.
Post your photo to your own Facebook page, as well as ours, and also on Twitter and Instagram using the #CoeliacUKAwarenessWeek hashtag. The more people the photos reach, the more awareness we can raise during the week... and beyond!
- Set up a Facebook fundraiser. It's so easy to set up a Facebook Fundraising event in aid of Coeliac UK Awareness Week, click here to start!
- Support us with Membership. Join our charity today for as little as £2 a month and help improve the lives of those with coeliac disease.
Whatever you can do to help, you will be helping us to reach more people who need to know that their symptoms could be undiagnosed coeliac disease.
Materials will be ready for you to order in March, so watch this space!