Have you decided on the event you’re going to take part in for Coeliac UK?
Have a look at our top tips below for making the most out of your event.
- Set yourself a target. Decide whether you’re looking to raise £25, £250 or even £2,500.
- Be bold. It can be hard to ask for money from friends, family and colleagues, but remember it’s for a good cause.
- Create an online fundraising page. Often those donating may find it easier to log on and donate rather than give cash up front. Create a JustGiving page and send it to your contacts.
- Share your news on social media. Once you have an online fundraising page, share the link on social media so your friends can see your challenge and support your cause.
- Get friends and family involved. Asking friends and family for a donation is a great place to start, and remember every little donation adds up to much needed funds for Coeliac UK.
- Gift Aid it. If your sponsors are UK taxpayers, ask them to tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsorship form or online fundraising page. This will enable Coeliac UK to claim back the tax. Be sure to remember to add the sponsor’s postcode.
- Company matched giving schemes. Companies will often have a matched giving scheme so you can raise even more money for Coeliac UK. Speak to your employer about this.
- Keep in touch with your sponsors. People like to be kept updated with where their hard earned cash has been put to good use, so send emails with updates of your training or update your JustGiving page to tell your story. It is also worth updating everyone after the event to thank them and let them know how much was raised.
Still haven’t decided what event to take part in? Find events near you.