Coeliac UK has put in place the following procedures to encourage people to gamble responsibly and seek help if gambling becomes a problem.
Coeliac UK's Law and Disorder policy for conducting draws and raffles
- Coeliac UK conducts their Draws/Raffles with a registered External Lottery Manager, currently Charity Funding and Promotion (CFP) of 23 Grove Park, White Waltham, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 3LW. Tel: 01628 828283.
- CFP keeps a record of all tickets that have been distributed.
- CFP and Coeliac UK are able to provide information regarding any police checks that may have been carried out on relevant staff. They are able to provide contact information and details of any monies sent in for tickets received.
- CFP operates from secure premises, with fire safes in situ and use contractors such as Securicor.
CFP processes all entries and handles all monies received for a Draw. However, CFP pays all monies directly into Coeliac UK's own bank account and issues matching banking reports on a weekly basis.
Protection of children and the vulnerable regarding draws and raffles
Coeliac UK has put the following procedures in place in line with our policy to prevent under age participants in any Draws promoted by ourselves. We ensure that all data we use from our existing database, for the purpose of supplying Draw tickets, excludes anyone under the legal age limit of 16 years. Should we ever use cold data to recruit participants for our Draws, we would ensure that all persons under the age of 16 are excluded.
- The minimum age for play is detailed on the back of all our tickets and entry forms.
- Any participant who provides dishonest information regarding their age will automatically forfeit the right to any prize. This fact is also stated on the reverse.
- Any participant who is found to be under 16 years of age, will have any monies paid for their Draw tickets returned to them.
- In the event that we receive a request from a vulnerable person's carer, or indeed any other person to whom we have sent Draw tickets, that they do not wish to be part of any future Draw, we will record this information and act upon it. Should the person have been sent one of our Draw packs as a result of their details being supplied to us through a cold list, we will make every effort to have that person's details removed from the list owner's mailing records.
Policy for fair and open draws
- The External Lottery Manager, Charity Funding and Promotion (CFP) of 23 Grove Park, White Waltham, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 3LW. Tel: 01628 828283, conducts all of our Draws in plain sight of their staff and designated staff from Coeliac UK.
- Draws are conducted at random, using either a random number generator or using a blind draw.
- Winners are informed by Coeliac UK at the earliest opportunity and permission gained or otherwise regarding publicity. We then publish certain details only (so the winners are not traceable by the public) on our website. This information is also available in writing, on request.
- Rules are to be published on our website, on entry forms and the reverse of raffle tickets.
- Printed versions of rules are available on request.
- We have a Queries and Complaints Procedure in place.
The promotion of responsible gambling
Coeliac UK has put in place the following procedures in line with our policy to encourage people to gamble responsibly and to seek help, should gambling become a problem.
- We will ensure that the GamCare helpline number and website address is included on all tickets and entry forms to our Draws/Raffles.
- Our website will incorporate all our policies and procedures about our Draws. Within this section, we will display the pages about responsible gambling and include the GamCare's helpline and website details for people to refer to, should they need further help with problem gambling.
- We will restrict the number of our Draw books that an individual receives to five for their own purchase of tickets. Should an individual wish to have more than five books in order to sell on tickets, we will make every effort to verify that this is in fact what happens. If it is proven that the individual has purchased extra books themselves, we will return their money and exclude their tickets from the Draw.
- We make it clear in writing that anyone who receives our Draw tickets may ignore them. If they do not wish to be included in any future Draws, this information can be captured on our database. Similarly, we will record their preferences for the number and timing of Draws they may wish to participate in annually and any particular request for the number of ticket books (up to 5).