Office volunteering can help you gain valuable administration and IT skills and is a great way to gain work experience within the charity sector. We try to meet your skill set wherever possible so you can get the best out of your time volunteering for Coeliac UK.
Our office in High Wycombe is very friendly and busy. If you have some time to help out, we’d love for you to join us!
This would be an excellent role for somebody seeking entry into the charity sector, for someone returning to work after a career break, or if you simply want to give something back.
Location: Coeliac UK's High Wycombe office
As an Office Volunteer at Coeliac UK, your responsibilities may vary on a day to day basis and could include:
- administration support: data entry, filing, monitoring emails
- compilation of member packs
- assisting with mass postal mailings
- project work.
This role gives you the chance to:
- gain valuable work experience within the charity sector
- develop your skills, particularly administration and IT skills
- contribute to the work of the charity
- work with a variety of teams to give you an insight into how Coeliac UK operates
- receive support, training and relevant materials to help you to fulfil this role.
What we are looking for:
- good IT skills, preferably Excel, Word and Outlook applications
- good communication and organisation skills
- ability to work flexibly and using own initiative
- ability to be sensitive to the needs of our members
- previous administrative experience would be beneficial but not essential.
No previous knowledge of coeliac disease or dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) is necessary.
Our offices are open Monday to Friday, from 9am–5pm. We offer flexible and part time hours to suit your schedule, workload may vary according to projects going on at any time. We request a minimum commitment of 3 hours each week, for at least 3 months.
Training, management and support
Our Office Volunteers are given an induction and training will be given on starting the role. Opportunities for further training will be given as required.
The Volunteering team are responsible for managing and supporting volunteers. Each volunteer will be appointed a staff contact who is responsible for general welfare and regular one to one meetings, so we can ensure you have the best possible volunteering experience.
If you are interested in becoming an Office Volunteer, we would love to hear from you. Please complete the online application form and the Volunteer team will be in contact. If you have any questions, please email Mandy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, unfortunately we cannot accept under 18s for this role.