Food and Drink Guide
- Shopping for gluten free food is made easy with Coeliac UK's Food and Drink Guide.
- It contains foods that you can eat if you have coeliac disease.
- Remember to keep your printed Guide up to date with updates we provide.
Shopping for gluten free food is made easy with Coeliac UK's Food and Drink Guide, part of our wider Food Information Service which give you reliable, independent and timely information to live well gluten free. Our online Food and Drink information can be accessed by logging in as a member and via our mobile phone app Gluten free food checker. They provide the most up to date information including ingredients lists and nutritional information. And you can refine your product search by any other dietary preferences you may have.
- Lists foods that are gluten free.
- These foods contain gluten at a level of no more than 20 parts per million (ppm).
- These foods comply with the law on gluten free.
- Foods in this section include:
- specialist, substitute foods available on prescription
- foods carrying the Coeliac UK Crossed Grain symbol.
- There is also a reference list of supermarket own brand free from foods and other brands labelled gluten free.
- Lists foods made without gluten containing ingredients and with controls in place to minimise the risk of cross contamination with gluten containing ingredients.
- Foods in this section include supermarket own brand foods as well as a reference list of everyday food brands such as soups, sauces and ready meals.
You may find that some of your favourite products are not listed in this year’s Guide. We now provide product information on over 100,000 gluten free and mainstream products by contacting over 200 manufacturers and sourcing product information from a third party, Brandbank. If you can’t find a particular brand within our services this may be because they have not provided us with information and have not provided information to Brandbank. It might also be because the product contains gluten. If you have any questions please see our frequently asked questions or contact us.
Updating your Food and Drink Guide
It is important to check for updates as products do change and many new products are added throughout the year. Product information on our digital versions are updated in real time however we also provide monthly updates to the Food and Drink Guide and these can be found:
- on the link via the homepage of our website
- by following the links on our electronic newsletter
- via a 24 hour recorded message on 0333 332 2033, selecting option 1.
We also provide food alerts through our Gluten Free Food Checker app, social media platforms and on the news page on our website.