Gluten Free Blueberry and Honey Crunch Muffins
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 125g (5oz) Plain Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 100g (4oz) butter, softened
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 60ml milk
- 150g (6oz) blueberries
- 50g (2oz) Nestlé GoFree Honey Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F. Line your muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium-low speed until creamy, then add the egg and mix until it’s combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed. Mix until thick. Stop the mixer and add the milk and lemon juice. Now mix again until a thick batter forms.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and half of the Honey Flakes with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into prepared paper cases. Fill each cavity about 2/3 full. Top each muffin with a good sprinkle of the remaining Honey Flakes.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a cake skewer placed into the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for five minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.