Chocolate, oat and lime tart
Nairn’s Gluten Free oats make a perfect base for this tasty dessert and it uses raw cacao powder and has no added sugar, so isn’t as naughty as you might think. It’s really simple to make and tastes amazing, give it a try.
Credited to: Nairn's
- 2tbsp raw cacao powder
- 150g Nairn's gluten free oat cakes
- 100g soft pitted dates
- 2tbsp melted coconut butter
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe avocados
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 40g raw cacao powder
- 140g honey, sweet freedom or agave nectar
- 100g coconut butter, melted
- Grated lime zest to decorate
- In food processor process the oats with the cacao powder until very fine. Add the dates, coconut butter, vanilla and cinnamon and process to combine.
- Grease a spring form 20cm / 8 inch cake tin. Press the crust into the pan to form a base.
- In a high speed blender or food processor place all the filling ingredients and process until thick and creamy. Pour over the base and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Scatter over a little grated lime zest to decorate
- Cut into slices and accompany with some fresh berries to serve.