Daura Damm Batter Yorkshire Puddings
Share these delicious gluten and dairy free Daura Damm Batter Yorkshire Puddings with your friends and family when you have a roast dinner.
Credited to: Daura Damm
- 200g corn flour
- 6 eggs
- 200ml almond milk
- 100ml Daura Damm gluten free beer
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Oil for the tin
- Heat the oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas 8
- Drizzle a little oil evenly into a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the oil is very hot - almost spitting
- To make the batter, tip your corn flour into a mixing bowl and beat in six eggs until smooth
- Pour the milk and gluten free beer into a jug and lightly whisk until combined
- Gradually pour the beer mix into your flour and egg mixture a little at a time, beating as you go
- Continue to beat together until the mixture is silky smooth. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour the batter into the jug you used for the milk and beer mix, then remove the hot tin from the oven
- Quickly, carefully and evenly pour the batter into the holes until about ¾ full. Place the tin back in the oven and leave undisturbed for 20-22 minutes, or until the puddings have puffed up and are golden all over. Serve immediately.
Hints and tips:
- Let the batter rest for 20 minutes before using.
- Make sure the oil is piping hot before adding your batter. Once the tin is ready and the oil hot, carefully pour the batter into the muffin tin – it should sizzle on contact.
- No peeking! This can cause them to deflate and you want these babies fluffy and risen.