Ham hock & pickled onion sandwich
Spruce up your ham sandwich this lunchtime by adding these super simple homemade pickled onions! So easy to make and they’re a tasty addition to any sandwich – perfect housed between slices of soft Juvela gluten free fresh white or fibre loaf. Find out more about our gluten free range and search for delicious recipe ideas at www.juvela.co.uk or watch the recipe video.
Credited to: Juvela
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 2 slices Juvela Gluten Free White or Fibre Sliced Loaf
- Butter for spreading
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Zest & juice of a lime
- 1tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 50g ham hock
- 25g extra Emmenthal (or mature cheddar), sliced
- Blanch the onion in boiling water and allow to stand for 15minutes.
- Drain with cold water and pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Squeeze with lime juice and add zest and coriander.
- Allow to chill for 20minutes.
- Pile the ham hock on one slice of bread, top with cheese and onions and sandwich together.