Glorious, green, and bursting with goodness: this soup is not just healthy, but also incredibly easy to make.
Credited to: Mrs Judith Brown
- 1kg (2.2lbs) frozen peas
- 2 bunches of spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- A small bunch of fresh mint
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1L (35 floz) chicken stock*
- Put the spring onions into a large pan with the potatoes and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Stir in the peas and chopped mint and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whizz with a food processor until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Notes: *Please check your Food and Drink Directory for suitable products.