British Dietetic Association (BDA) accredited training
Coeliac UK has developed a post-registration course for dietitians providing an overview of the management of coeliac disease and the gluten-free diet that is accredited by the British Dietetic Association.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- have gained knowledge on the symptoms of coeliac disease and understand the process for diagnosis and the dietary implications
- be able to provide guidance on the dietetic management of coeliac disease and associated disorders
- understand and be able to refer to current national and international guidelines and standards
- have an understanding of the relevant laws that enable patients with coeliac disease to select food on a gluten-free diet and how to interpret food labels
- be able to provide practical information on gluten-free living and the availability of education resources
- have an insight into the extended role of the dietitian in coeliac disease management and running dietetic led coeliac clinics.
Information on the courses that the BDA run in conjunction with Coeliac UK can be found in the events section of the BDA website.