Keeping busy through lockdown
In the current crisis, the practical implications of managing coeliac disease will be at the forefront of your mind. But don’t neglect your emotional well being.
Staying active mentally and physically and maintaining some social connections helps us feel happy, busy and healthy. We’re all juggling a lot through lockdown, whether that’s family, working from home, or coping with our new, but temporary, way of life.
We’re all in it together and we came up with a few ideas to help you:
- stay fit, with so many exercise videos available online you can get a thorough work out at home or just dance it out to your favourite tunes
- use our Home of Gluten Free Recipes to perfect your gluten free cooking and try new ideas
- take part in some fun activities, there are lots of ideas online
- don’t be hard on yourself, it’s natural there will be bad days
- pamper yourself, try a hot bath, or take a few minutes out to do something you enjoy
- take this opportunity to learn a new fun skill or read more
- join an online book club or choir
- create a shared playlist and ask those you love to add to it
- get online and connect in our social media communities
- keep in touch with friends, family and Coeliac UK – please share your top tips with us.
Don’t forget, our Helpline is staffed with food advisers and dietitians who are experts in their field. You can call us on 0333 332 2033 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday and we’ll try to help. We will continue to keep our website up to date as and when new information is available.