Save our future Because we’re in this together
I’m appealing to you for financial support at this critical time.
The coronavirus situation is unprecedented and we are more worried about Coeliac UK’s future than ever before.
We are working flat out to find the answers you need – about the health risks for people with coeliac disease and to make sure that you can still get access to gluten free food.
We have seen a massive increase in demand for our services, with enquiries and calls for help increasing by 500%. Supporting you is what we do and have done for our community for over 50 years. And we want to keep doing it.
But, because of the impact of the coronavirus, we expect to see a loss of between a third and half of all of our income.
We receive no government funding. That might be a surprise - our existence depends on membership, fundraising and commercial income through our food safety schemes, advertising and sponsorship. But it won’t be a surprise to hear that all of these income streams are in severe decline because of the coronavirus crisis.
We want to keep our services open and available to everyone who needs them. We know how much you need us right now. We’re doing our bit too, and we have furloughed all the staff that we can, without damaging our service to you. We have cancelled or postponed some activities until after the crisis to cut costs as much as possible. But it’s not enough. We need you.
Can you help us be here tomorrow?
- Running our Helpline costs £500 a day, or £62.50 an hour – could you donate to keep it open for everyone who needs us?
- Our network of health and food professionals are working hard to find the answers you need. On average, this costs us £33.40 for each enquiry we receive – please donate today so that this work can continue.
Anything you can give will support our work and mean that we can continue to be here for you and many others when you need us most.
We want to be there for you tomorrow, providing specialist support for coeliacs and those who need to live gluten free – not just now but for as long as it takes to find a cure.
Thank you and stay well.
CEO, Coeliac UK
Make a donation
Other ways to donate:
- By credit card - please use the form on this page or call 0333 332 2033
- To send a credit card donation via the post please download our donation form at the bottom of the page to complete and post to the address on the form
- By cheque - send a cheque made payable to 'Coeliac UK' to Coeliac UK, 3rd Floor, Apollo Centre, Desborough Road, High Wycombe, HP11 2QW
- By BACS transfer - account name Coeliac UK, sort code 40-05-16, account number 31017691. Please reference your payment with your surname and postcode
For any other queries, please call our Helpline on 0333 332 2033