Gluten Free Bread and Butter Pudding
This traditional Bread and Butter Pudding is a staple pudding for us Brits! It will warm and comfort us throughout an season an Panasonic have made it Gluten Free for all to enjoy!
Credited to: Panasonic
- 75g mixed fruit
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- Butter to grease dish
- 150g apricot jam
- 5 slices stale gluten free bread (see below)
- 200ml whole milk
- 200ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 large eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- Sprinkle of icing sugar, to serve.
- 350ml water
- 1tsp cider vinegar
- 4tsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp sugar or honey
- 450g gluten free bread flour
- 1 ½ tsp fast action easy blend yeast
Notes: *Search our Food Information Service for suitable products
- Heat the oven to 200 / 220 / Gas Mark 7. Soak the fruit in the orange juice for at least 20 mins.
- Butter a rectangular oven proof dish dish.
- Spread the jam on to the slices of bread and cut each piece in half diagonally, then arrange in dish.
- Drain the fruit and sprinkle over the bread with the orange zest.
- Heat the milk and cream in a jug for 3 minutes in the microwave. Mix in the vanilla essence, eggs and caster sugar. Pour over the bread and leave to stand for 15mins.
- Bake for 25 mins or until golden and set.
- Using a Panasonic bread machine, place water, vinegar, oil, eggs, salt and sugar into the bread pan.
- Add the flour and yeast and set your bread maker to the gluten free setting with the dark crust or bake rapid 1 hour 55, dark crust, and large size.