Cannellini Beans With Salsa Verde
Try this delicious topping on Nairn’s gluten free oatcakes. It’s easy to make and the soft creamy beans coated with a herby dressing make this a delicious healthy topping. For a vegetarian option omit the anchovies.
Credited to: Nairn's
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 410g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large handful of parsley
- Handful of basil leaves
- Handful of mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 anchovies, rinsed
- 2tbsp capers, rinsed
- 3tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
Notes: Topping for 12 oatcakes.
- Place all the ingredients for the salsa Verde except the oil in a food processor and process until roughly chopped. Slowly add enough oil to form a chunky paste
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and beans for 1-2 minutes until the onion is soft. Pour over the salsa and stir to coat the beans. Spoon the mixture on top of the oat cakes to serve.