Glutafin Treacle Tart
A delicious and indulgent traditional pudding, and a great way to use up leftover Glutafin Bread!
Difficulty: More of a challenge
- 225g (8oz) glutafin gluten-free multipurpose white mix
- 110g (4½oz) butter (room temperature)
- 1 medium sized egg
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 300g (11oz) golden syrup
- 25g (1oz) butter
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 200g (7oz) breadcrumbs made from a glutafin gluten-free loaf*
- 1 medium sized egg yolk
Notes: *Please check our Food and Drink Information for suitable products.
- Place half the weighed glutafin gluten free multipurpose white mix into a medium sized bowl with the butter, egg and lemon juice
- Cream together with a fork to make a paste
- Stir in the remaining mix with the fork and then by hand and bring together into a ball
- Knead on a work surface (lightly dusted with extra white mix) for a full 2 minutes until smooth
- Roll out and use to line a 18cm/7" round pastry container or foil container
- Trim away excess pastry and set aside.
- Place the golden syrup and butter, lemon zest and rind in a medium size covered bowl in the microwave
- Microwave on full power for 30 seconds or until the butter has melted
- Stir ingredients together and add breadcrumbs from glutafin gluten free loaf and egg yolk
- Stir to combine and spoon into the pastry case
- Rest container onto a preheated baking sheet and cook until the pastry is golden and the topping is just beginning to brown (30 minutes on 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4)
- If necessary, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes to allow the base to cook without further browning the top
- Serve warm or cold with custard, pouring cream or ice cream.