- 225g Gluten Free Pastry Mix
· 0.5 x 5ml teaspoon salt
· 75g veg lard
· 200 ml boiling water
· 1 egg, beaten for glazing.
· Pork Lardons and/or Minced pork.
1. Gently fry lardons and/or mince in a frying pan. Use a little cooking oil if the meat is lean
2. Mix flour and salt in bowl
3. Put boiling water into a small saucepan. Add lard and warm until fat is fully melted.
4. Beat oil & water into flour with spoon until smooth, then knead in bowl by hand.
5. Keep just over a quarter of the pastry for the pie lid. Make the lid first and put any excess back with the rest of the dough.
6. Press pastry into mould (I use a soufflé dish), making sure to press into join between side and bottom
7. Fill with GF pork meat.
8. Add a pastry top, sealing the edges with egg and brush egg over the top to glaze.
9. Make holes in the pastry lid to allow steam to escape and to add gelatine when cold.
10. Cook @180c/ 160c Fan /350 F/ Gas mark 4 for 35 mins depending on size.
11. Cool & chill for 2 hours before removing from mould.
12. Add 1 heaped teaspoon of pork gravy mix to 1/8th of a pint of boiling water in a jug.
13. Sprinkle on enough gelatine for ¼ to ½ pint of liquid.
14. Pour gelatine stock carefully into holes in pie lid.
15. Chill in fridge for a couple of hours/overnight.