New grant call to fund innovative cross-disciplinary autoimmune research
Coeliac UK, working through our Connect Immune Research partnership, is excited to be part of an innovative new grant call, which brings £1.3 million of new investment into autoimmune research.
The Lorna and Yuti Chernajovsky Biomedical Research Foundation and Connect Immune Research have partnered together to launch a new joint grant call, ‘Targeting shared mechanisms in immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.’ Applications are now open to this exciting new scheme which will provide up to £100,000 for 12 months to fund ‘pilot’ grants aimed at quickly developing proof of principle for potential new treatments for multiple immune-mediated inflammatory conditions by targeting pathways common in autoimmunity.
We’re looking for applications that:
- Target biological pathways that are relevant to multiple autoimmune or immune mediated inflammatory conditions
- Are innovative with high-quality science
- Have the potential to generate long term impact on quality of life for people currently living with autoimmune or immune-mediated conditions
- Are in the translational space
- Integrate collaboration and complementary expertise, connecting researchers with knowledge on different immune conditions/those from multiple institutions/those focused on different stages of the translational pathway.
- Contain meaningful patient and public involvement (PPI) at all stages including application development and research delivery
The application deadline is 16:00 BST on Wednesday 13 October 2021.
This call is being administered by Versus Arthritis on behalf of the Connect Immune Partners and the Lorna and Yuti Chernajovsky Biomedical Research Foundation.
Read the full call for applications on the Versus Arthritis website.
On completion, the most promising projects will be invited to apply for follow-on funding, which may include funding for developing new methodologies or clinical trial designs potentially using repurposed current therapeutics.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries about the grant scheme.
The Lorna and Yuti Chernajovsky Biomedical Research Foundation was set up in 2019 to improve public health by providing grants to support high-quality biomedical research into the development of new targeted biomedical therapies.
Connect Immune Research is a partnership of charities who are dedicated to tackling autoimmune conditions. Members include the type 1 diabetes charity JDRF, Versus Arthritis, MS Society, British Society for Immunology, Alopecia UK, Coeliac UK, Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis Alliance and Bowel Research UK.