We are currently reviewing our Research Strategy. We have launched a Priority Setting Partnership, with the help of the James Lind Alliance, to identify the top ten research priorities in coeliac disease. Over the coming weeks you will be able to have your say and tell us about your unanswered questions about coeliac disease, which may be answered by research to improve the lives of people living with the condition. For further information, please visit the Priority Setting Partnership.
Having raised £2M for research over the last decade or so we have now set ourselves an ambitious target to raise £5M for research in the next few years. As part of the Research Strategy review, we are forming a new Board with the experience and expertise to help us spend money on research into coeliac disease and the gluten free diet as effectively as possible, guided by the new strategy.
The Board will consist of:
- the Chair
- representative from our Board of Governors
- representative from our Health Advisory Council
- our Research Manager
- individuals with experience of producing a research strategy and its associated policies
- individuals with experience of pharma/biotech industry/food or plant science
- individuals with academic/funding/industry networks experience.
The new Board will advise our Board of Governors on the best practice for reviewing and awarding research grants and any necessary policies relating to our Research Strategy, including intellectual property rights, data sharing and ethics.