Food and Drink Guide
- Shopping for gluten free food is made easy with Coeliac UK's Food and Drink Guide.
- It contains foods that you can eat if you have coeliac disease.
- Remember to keep your printed Guide up to date with updates we provide.
Shopping for gluten free food is made easy with Coeliac UK's Food and Drink Guide, part of our wider Food Information Service which gives you reliable, independent and timely information to live well gluten free. Our online Food and Drink information can be accessed by logging in as a member and via our mobile phone app Gluten Free Food Checker.
Our digital tools provide the most up to date information including ingredients lists and nutritional information. You can also refine your product search by any other dietary preferences you may have.
The Food and Drink Guide is split into two sections:
- Lists gluten free products certified with our Crossed Grain licence, your quick reference to safe gluten free products.
- List of products available on prescription, after changes to prescribing policies in England we’ve updated the prescribable products lists so it’s easier for you to identify the products that are available to you. We have further information on the changes to prescriptions in England.
- You'll find a list of ready made products that you have highlighted as important to us such as breakfast cereals, pasta, noodles, soups, stocks and gravies.
- Reference list of brands that produce products labelled gluten free.
- Lists foods made without gluten containing ingredients and with controls in place to minimise the risk of cross contamination with gluten containing ingredients.
- Foods in this section include supermarket own brand foods, we have listed nine different supermarkets.
- A reference list of everyday food brands such as soups, sauces and ready meals.
You may find that some of your favourite products are not listed in this year’s Guide. We now provide product information on over 100,000 gluten free and mainstream products by contacting over 200 manufacturers and sourcing product information from a third party, Brandbank. If you can’t find a particular brand within our services this may be because they have not provided us with information and have not provided information to Brandbank. It might also be because the product contains gluten. If you have any questions please see our frequently asked questions or contact us.
Keeping your Guide up to Date
It is important to check for updates as products do change and many new products are added throughout the year. Product information on our digital versions are updated in real time however we also provide monthly updates to the Food and Drink Guide and these can be found:
- on the link via the Food and Drink Information page on our website
- by following the links on our monthly electronic newsletter.
We also provide food alerts through our Gluten Free Food Checker app, social media platforms and on the news page on our website.