Research Conference 2020 - Coeliac disease; potential to refractory and everything in between
We've moved to the prestigious RCGP, Euston Square for our Research Conference 2020. Join us to enhance your CPD, hear about the latest developments and best practice and have the opportunity to network with other professionals in primary care, dietetics, gastroenterology, research, immunology and more. The event will be chaired by Professor David Sanders.
Again we have a varied programme:
- A GP's perspective; so many patients too little time but could they have coeliac disease?
- Potential coeliac disease; positive serology but normal biopsy - what to do?
- Clinical suspicion but negative serology; to refer or not to refer?
- 2020 Vision: A clearer view for children and young people
- An audit of serological testing in primary care; are all things equal?
- Ongoing symptoms? The Rare Disease Collaborative Network for non responsive and refractory coeliac disease
- Hyposplenism and risk of infection; vaccinations for people with coeliac disease
- Will the treatment always be just a gluten free diet? What's on the horizon?
- Is modern wheat really 'Frankenwheat'?
In addition there is a call for abstracts. There will be a poster session during the lunch break, with a £500 prize for the best poster, to fund the lead author's attendance at an international event, to increase dissemination of their research.
10 am to 4.30 pm, Friday 20 March, 2020 - CANCELLED - further information in our news section.
- Employees of the NHS involved in the diagnosis and/or management of patients with coeliac disease and/or gluten related conditions.
- Academics, researchers or students, employed or registered with a university, and have an interest in coeliac disease, gluten related autoimmune conditions and / or the gluten free diet
The event is free to attend for the target audience.
Please note that registration is now closed.