Research Conference 2021 - Coeliac disease; beyond 2020, what lies ahead?
This year we are once again bringing you our annual Research Conference virtually. Watch this space as the videos will be available next month – check back here in the next few weeks for the latest information.
Covid-19 has had a huge impact on diagnosis and management of coeliac disease and raised many questions around health and wellbeing for people with coeliac disease. 2020 saw the introduction of a no-biopsy diagnosis pathway for adults and dietetic clinics had to rapidly transition to a digital format. This conference provides the opportunity for reflection and to consider what the future holds for diagnosis and management of coeliac disease.
Are you a healthcare professional? If so, please visit the CPD section of our website where you will be able to complete CPD questions to receive a certificate for your records.
- Prof Frits Koning - Why coeliac disease, and why me? Could bacteria be a trigger for coeliac disease?
- Dr Valentina Discepalo - Viruses as a trigger for coeliac disease
- Prof Jonas Ludvigsson - Infection, mortality and severity of Covid-19 in coeliac disease
- Associate Prof Jason Tye-Din - Hyposplenism and coeliac disease
- Dr Iain Croall - Cognition and coeliac disease: all in the mind?
- Dr Yvonne Jeanes RD, Nick Trott RD and Cristian Costas RD - Dietetic outcomes in coeliac disease
- Roslyn Yuill RD - The Scottish Coeliac Disease Pathway, what has changed due to Covid-19?
- Dr Helen Gillett - No biopsy diagnosis in adult coeliac disease
- Dr Geraint Preest - A GP's perspective: Coeliac disease – so many patients, so little time...
- Dr Penny Whiting - What is the optimum strategy for identifying adults and children with coeliac disease? An evidence synthesis approach