Coeliac UK's volunteer photographers support the charity at events, working to a brief and providing images for a range of media and library use. Volunteers need access to a digital SLR camera which can produce high resolution images.
- Attend at least one Coeliac UK event as listed below.
- Work to a brief, photographing people (candid and posed), object, display stands, presentations and cookery demonstrations.
- Process and catalogue all images.
- Liaise with the Charity’s Communications team and use Photoshop to edit photographs, eg resizing and image retouching.
Volunteers must be able to:
- use a camera competently
- follow a brief
- work independently
- have a good eye for detail
- have good people skills.
We ask that each volunteer attends at least one of the following Coeliac UK 2019 events:
- Saturday 16 November – All Wales Gluten Free Food Show in Cardiff, 10am-4pm
- Tuesday 3 December – Gluten Free Industry Day in Warwick, 9am-4.30pm
If you are interested in doing other local events, please contact your local group at www.coeliac.org.uk/localgroups to find out if you can get involved.
Training and support
- Volunteers will be given a full brief prior to the event.
- Volunteers will have a named contact at the Charity who will be there on the day.
- Volunteers will receive an induction plus additional training as required.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Travel expenses will be considered – please discuss with your contact at Coeliac UK.
- We provide references to volunteers.
- Volunteers must be able to demonstrate their work as part of the application process.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the volunteer photographer application form. The Volunteering team will then be in touch to request three sample photos of your recent work.
If you have any questions or would like further information on the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for all your support, we look forward to hearing from you.