One batch of sushi rice will make about 35 canapés. These are a great addition to a party buffet- if you're happy to share them!
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 550g prepared sushi rice
- 350g smoked salmon
- 17g pack of sushi nori
- Wasabi (optional)
- Herbs and lump fish caviar for garnish (optional)
- Gluten free soy sauce*.
Notes: *Please check our Food and Drink Information for suitable products.
- Prepare the rice as per sushi rice recipe.
- Take a piece of cling film and place your garnish of nori strips or 10g of salmon against the cling film.
- Add a little wasabi if you wish.
- Then take 15g of the cooked, seasoned, sushi rice and place on top of the garnish in the piece of cling film.
- Wrap the cling film around the rice and topping and squeeze to shape into a ball. Then remove the cling film.
- You can then top with any herbs or lump fish caviar.
- Serve with gluten free soy sauce*.
Nutritional information per serving
Hints and tips:
Replace the smoked salmon and lump fish caviar with sliced cucumber for a vegan and vegetarian alternative.