Banana and Cocoa Gluten Free Porridge
Credited to: Coeliac UK
- 100g Gluten Free Porridge Oats
- 300ml Water
- 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Bananas
- 10g 70% Dark Chocolate (optional topping)
- Place the oats and water in a saucepan on a medium heat and bring to a simmer whilst stirring.
- Once the porridge has been simmering for a few minutes add in the milk and cook for a further 8 minutes on a low heat.
- Whilst the porridge is cooking, mash up 1 banana with a fork and slice the other into rounds.
- Once the porridge has reached a consistency of your liking, add in the cocoa powder and the mashed banana.
- To serve, top with the sliced banana and grate the dark chocolate on top.
Nutritional information per serving
Hints and tips:
If you want to make this porridge even more exciting sprinkle a tsp of desiccated coconut on top of the porridge for a creamy flavour, texture and colour.