Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Bake your way into spring with this delicious chocolate cake with a fruity accompaniment. Create with ease by using naturally gluten free self-raising flour from FREEE by Doves Farm.
Credited to: FREEE by Doves Farm
Difficulty: Pretty easy
For 8" Cake Tin
- 75g cocoa powder
- 250g FREEE Self Raising White Flour
- 325g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 200ml oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 125ml boiling water
Filling and Topping
- 250g cooking chocolate
- 250ml double cream
- 100g caster sugar
- Line three 20cm/8” round cake tins with parchment, rub a little oil around the edges and pre-heat the oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
- Sieve the cocoa into a bowl, add the flour and caster sugar, and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Break the eggs into a large jug, add the milk, oil and vanilla and beat together well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour bowl and mix everything together with the whisk.
- Add the boiling water and beat well.
- Divide the runny mixture between the tins.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Cool the cakes for a couple of minutes in their tins then turn them out onto a wire rack.
- Remove the parchment and leave to cool.
- Break the chocolate into squares.
- Put the cream and sugar into a saucepan and stir over medium heat until about to boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until combined.
- Allow to cool, stirring regularly until a thick paste starts to form which may take 8 – 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture between the top of the three cold sponges and spread it out over each.
- Immediately place the sponges one on top of the other and leave to set.