Lemon, Honey and Thyme Chicken
This is a simple refreshing summer recipe with great flavour. Serving with the salad provides a great source of iron and calcium.
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 4 chicken thighs (or 750g)
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 lemons (juice)
- 4 sprigs of thyme (removed from stalk)
- 2 red peppers, cut into 4 large slices and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 180g Kale
- 400g new potatoes
- Peel the garlic and rub into the chicken.
- Place chicken in a dish and add oil, honey, lemon and thyme. Mix ingredients together to ensure all chicken is coated. Leave in fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours. (Can be made the day before to marinade overnight)
- Place the chicken thigh/ drumsticks on the barbeque grill. Cook for 20mins, turning frequently. Check that the meat is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Place new potatoes in pot of lightly salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the red pepper in a bowl and coat with oil. Place on barbeque grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes skin side down, then turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Place kale in a pot of boiling water and cooked for 5 minutes or until wilted. Drain the water.
- Chop up the roast pepper and courgette and mix with kale. Add tablespoon extra oil if necessary and enjoy!