Roasted plums with Honey and Cinnamon
A quick and easy dessert to put together that provides one of your five a day. The honey adds natural sweetness and the addition of pistachios ups the protein content. If you don’t have any plums, this also works well with pears, peaches or nectarines.
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 8 plums
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 50g butter
- 150g mascarpone
- 80g shelled pistachios
- Pre heat the oven to 180C or Gas Mark 5
- Melt the butter
- While the butter is melting, cut the plums in half and remove the stone. Place them cut side up on the baking tray
- Brush each plum with a little bit of melted butter then drizzle with the honey and cinnamon and cook for around 20 minutes or until the fruit is soft
- While the plums are cooking, place the pistachios on a separate baking tray and toast in the oven for around 5 – 10 minutes or until golden in colour
- To serve: divide the fruit among 4 bowls, top with a tbsp of mascarpone a handful of pistachios and a sprinkling of cinnamon.