The ultimate summer dessert, light, fresh and colourful!
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 500g (18oz) strawberries
- 2 tsp (10g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) lime juice
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 small meringue nests
- 500ml (17fl oz) double cream
- Handful of mint, chopped
- Hull and chop the strawberries and put into a saucepan, saving a handful.
- On a low heat add the sugar, water and lime juice and leave to simmer while you whip the cream
- Whip the cream in a large bowl till thick but still soft
- Roughly crumble the 4 meringue nests into the cream, you will need chunks for texture as well as a fine dust
- After 10 minutes of simmering, lightly mash the strawberries so the consistency is thick with some lumps, poor onto a plate to cool.
- Once the strawberry coulis is cool, fold the meringues, cream, mint and colius saving some for garnish, together. Do not over mix.
- Arrange in 4 ramikins or glasses and top each 1 with some of the remaining strawberries, coulis and mint.