Popcorn chicken with Garlic Dip
Everyone loves fried chicken. This gluten free recipe is definitely a favourite with all the family. Serve with your favour sauce or try our fresh garlic dip.
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g gluten free plain flour *
- ½ tbsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut into 1cm chunks
- 50ml yogurt
- 50ml mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh chive or any herb of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Notes: *Please check our online food and drink information for suitable products.
- In a large frying pan, add oil until the oil is about one inch (2.5cm) deep, and heat over medium-high.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- In another medium sized bowl, break the two eggs and slightly beat them.
- Place the chicken pieces into the bowl with the eggs and toss to coat.
- Using a fork, transfer the chicken pieces to the flour mixture and toss/stir to coat pieces evenly with seasoning.
- Space the chicken pieces around the frying pan or sauce pan in a single layer, and cook until golden and crisp - about 5 minutes in total. You might need to cook it in two batches depending on the size of your pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together all the ingredient for the dip, and season to taste.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the oil and place on paper towel to drain off the excessive oil, then serve with the dip.