Miso Ramen Soup with Pak Choi and Egg
This is really easy to make and easy to customise to your personal preferences. It is a great soup to warm and fill you up all year round.
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: Pretty easy
Notes: *Please check our online food and drink information for suitable products.
- Pour 1 litre of water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Add the noodles and cook on medium heat for about a minute, or until almost cooked according to packet instructions.
- In a separate little bowl, combine the red miso with a few tablespoons of hot water taken from the saucepan. Stir the miso and water together until you get a smooth runny paste.
- When the noodles are almost cooked, lower the heat and stir in the miso solution, and sesame oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Add the pak choi into the simmering soup, letting it poach gently with the noodles. Cook until the pak choi is tender.
- Carefully scoop the noodles and pak choi into a bowl before pouring the soup and adding the boiled egg cut in half.
- Finish with a drizzle of chill oil and a sprinkle of spring onions and toasted sesame seeds.