White Chocolate Meringues with mango and passion fruit coulis
A light and refreshing dessert for warm summer nights.
Credited to: Aldi
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 4 medium egg whites
- 225g caster sugar
- 65g white chocolate
- 1 mango
- 3 passion fruits
- 200ml double cream
Notes: *Search our online food and drink information for suitable products
- Pre-heat the oven to 140°C/Gas Mark 1.
- Put the egg whites into a clean, large bowl and whisk until you have stiff peaks.
- Gradually add the caster sugar a spoonful at a time while whisking until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Melt 40g of the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Line a large baking tray with some non-stick baking parchment. Divide the meringue into 4 mounds on the baking sheet. With a fork, swirl the chocolate onto the tops of the meringue, gently forming some peaks, don’t mix it in. Bake in the oven for 90 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the flesh from the mango into small chunks. Cut the passion fruit in half, scoop out the flesh and put into a sieve. With the back of a spoon, push through the pulp into a bowl and discard the seeds. Mix the mango and passion fruit together.
- Finely grate the rest of the white chocolate. Whip the cream until just holding its shape. Divide the cream between 4 plates put a meringue on top, spoon over and around the mango and passion fruit coulis, sprinkle with the grated chocolate and serve.