Fajitas with Chicken and crunchy Asian-inspired salad
Combine two delicious cuisines in one with the chicken fajitas and Asian-inspired salad recipe. Gather your ingredients and use the easy Gluten Free Smoky BBQ Fajita Kit to put your Mexican-style dish together. Mix up your Asian-inspired salad in a bowl and serve with hot fajitas for the ultimate gluten free dish.
Credited to: Old El Paso
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 1 Gluten Free Smoky BBQ Fajita Kit*
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 500g chicken fillets
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 200g of cooked green beans
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- Coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoon of peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspooon of Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Notes: * Find suitable products in our Food and Drink Information service
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and sizzle the chicken over medium heat until the chicken is golden. Add the salt, pepper, seasoning mix and a small glass of water to the pan. Cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients together and keep in the fridge
- In a bowl, mix together the red cabbage, the iceberg lettuce, the green beans, the grated carrots, the red pepper, the onion, the coriander and the sesame seeds. Add in the dressing. With a fork, pull apart the chicken and add it to the salad.
- To heat the tortillas in the microwave: Pierce the pack and place it in the microwave. Heat for 35 seconds on full power (800 watts). Open the pack and separate tortillas. To heat them in in the pan: Heat a pan and toast the tortillas for 5 seconds on both sides. Wrap in a tea towel to steam.
- To serve, add the mayonnaise, the chicken salad and the tomato salsa on the tortilla. Just fold and enjoy!