Gluten Free Homemade Pasta and Pesto
Once you have mastered the art of making fresh pasta, you can experiment with different shapes and fillings. The homemade pesto is really great and simple to serve with pasta or roast vegetables.
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: More of a challenge
- 300g gluten free bread flour*
- 1tbsp (heaped) xanthan gum*
- 4 eggs
- 3tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch fresh basil leaves
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50g pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Notes: *Find suitable products in our online food information service
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto, crush garlic in pestle and mortar and chop basil and pine nuts.
- Place it all into a bowl, add the olive oil to make thick sauce.
- Place the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, egg, oil in bread maker.
- Select "gluten free pasta", program 18.
- Then wrap it in cling film and rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After the dough has rested, roll the dough by hand, to about 1mm thick and slice lengthways to made tagliatelle.
- Cook in boiling water with a pinch of salt and drizzle of oil. It takes about 4-5 minutes to cook, depending on thickness.
- Once cooked, stir through the pesto and enjoy.