Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Cake
Chocolate and orange is one of the great flavour combinations, using a Panasonic bread maker you can let the machine do the work and end up with great results all the time.
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 150g butter, cut into 1cm cubes
- 150g sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp orange essence or zest of orange
- 120g chocolate, melted
- 120g gluten free self-raising flour
- 30g cacao powder
- 10g baking powder
- 50g chocolate, melted
- 50ml Double Cream
- 1 orange zested, to sprinkle on top
Notes: *Find suitable products on our Food Information Service
- Place the blade into the bread pan
- put all the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed above.
- Set the machine to the gluten free cake menu this will take 1 hour 50mins.
- After 2 mins when the beep sounds, scape any residue from the sides using a rubber spatula.
- When the program has finished, remove from the bread pan and allow to cool, or serve hot.
- Heat the cream and stir in the chocolate, top with fresh grated orange zest.
- To serve, pop the cake on a place and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.