This really is so simple and takes very little time to put together. It's great for thank you presents for teachers and nursery staff but it is also the perfect sweet treat to have on hand to give to family and friends over the festive season. It is also a good way to get your children involved in the kitchen, mine love to hammer away at the candy canes!
Credited to: Coeliac UK
- 350g 35% cocoa milk chocolate*
- 350g white chocolate*
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 candy canes*
Notes: *Search our online food and drink information for suitable products
- To start, line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Break up the milk chocolate in to small pieces and place in a bowl. Then melt, you can do this either by using the microwave or by placing the bowl over a pan of simmering water. One melted, stir in the peppermint extract, then pour onto the baking paper evenly and allow to set solid.
- Melt the white chocolate as above and pour on over the set milk chocolate, again, spread out evenly.
- Crush your 3 candy canes by placing in a large sealed bag and using a rolling pin to break in to small pieces, then sprinkle over the white chocolate and leave to set completely.
- Once the chocolate is solid, use a knife to cut in to pieces and add to gift bags or boxes.