Jubilee Gluten Free Blondies
I wanted to do a traybake for the celebrations as they're easy to transport if you are visiting or attending a street party. These Gluten Free White Chocolate & Blueberry Blondies with Lemon icing really work well. Simple to make & delicious.
Credited to: Jane Devonshire
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- 250g gluten free plain flour*
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2tsp salt
- 150g white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate*
- 125g fresh blueberries.
- 100g icing sugar
- Juice of 1 large lemon (or ready made juice).
Notes: *Check Coeliac UK's Food and Drink Information for suitable products
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in one egg and whisk
- Mix in the flour, salt, Xanthan Gum and vanilla bean paste until you have a stiff dough
- Smooth into your lined baking tray and sprinkle over your blueberries & white chocolate gently pressing into mixture
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through and then leave to cool
- To make icing drizzle, mix the lemon juice into the icing sugar until you have a drizzling consistency
- Drizzle over your traybake & cut into 18 equal portions.