Gluten Free Pasta Dough
Once you have mastered the art of making fresh pasta, you can experiment with different shapes and fillings. The dough should be pliable; if your dough is dry and hard, add another 1 tbsp water and continue to mix until it is pliable. To make this pasta dough suitable for vegans, see tips below!
Credited to: Coeliac UK
- 300g (11oz) gluten free bread flour*
- 1 tbsp (15g) (heaped) xanthan gum
- 4 eggs (200g)
- 3 tbsp (45ml) extra-virgin olive oil
Notes: *Please check our Food and Drink Information for suitable products.
- Place the gluten free flour and xanthan gum into a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre of the mix and add the eggs with the oil and two tablespoons of cold water. Use a knife to combine the dry ingredients. Once it is mixed, use your hands to bring the dough together into a ball. (Check it’s pliable. If not, add another tablespoon of water)
- Knead the dough for a few minutes to ensure it is well blended, then wrap it in cling film and rest for 30 minutes at room temperature
- After the dough has rested, use as fresh pasta – either rolling the dough by hand (about 1mm thick) or through a machine to the shape and size you want
- Cook in boiling water with a pinch of salt and drizzle of oil. It takes about 4-5 minutes to cook, depending on thickness.