Lime and Blueberry Possets with a Shortbread Biscuit
This is a very easy recipe and tastes amazing. You can swap the lime for lemon if you wish, and the blueberries are optional.
Credited to: Coeliac UK
- 125g (4½oz) plain gluten free flour*
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 50g (1½oz) cornflour*
- 100g (3½oz) butter
- 50g (2½oz) caster sugar, plus a little extra for dusting
- 500ml (18fl oz) double cream
- 150g (5½oz) caster sugar
- 3 limes, juiced and zested
- 100g (3½oz) blueberries
Notes: *Please check our Food and Drink Information for suitable products.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Lightly grease a baking tray
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum, and cornflour together in a bowl
- Add the butter and sugar, and rub together with your fingertips. Knead the mixture until it makes a smooth dough
- Roll out to be about 4mm thick and cut into small disks. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are a very pale golden brown colour. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with castor sugar, and leave to cool
- Put the cream, sugar, and lime zest into a heavy based pan and cook over a slow heat until the sugar is dissolved. This takes about 3-4 minutes
- Whisk in the lime juice; this will make the cream thicken
- Share the blueberries between your pots, then divide the cream between the pots. Leave to cool and then place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.