From the all gluten and dairy free menu from Indigo at One Aldwych, Executive Chef Dominic Teague has created this vibrant and zesty Quinoa salad, perfect to enjoy on a summer evening. Packed with irresistible fruity notes, this dish is a deliciously healthy yet substantial gluten free option.
Credited to: Indigo at One Aldwych
- 30g blanched peeled almonds
- 150ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 150ml olive oil
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g Jerusalem artichoke, grated
- 100ml water
- 150g quinoa
- 1 pomegranate, seeds
- 20g chopped smoked almonds
- 2 slices preserved lemon
- Toast the almonds in a pan until they are a light golden brown colour and then soak them in almond milk overnight
- The next day, simmer the soaked almonds and milk in a pan until it is reduced by half
- Place in blender and if required, adjust the consistency with warm water to get a smooth paste
- Gradually add olive oil until it is completely incorporated
- Adjust seasoning with salt, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and then add the artichoke, water and season
- Cook on a low heat until tender.
- Boil the quinoa in plenty of salted boiling water for approximately 12 minutes until cooked
- Drain and keep in the fridge until required.
- Spread the almond puree onto the plates
- In a bowl, mix together the quinoa, the Jerusalem artichoke, ¾ of the lemon dressing, half of the almonds and half of the pomegranate, and season
- Arrange on the plates and sprinkle the remaining almonds and pomegranate around
- Top with the preserved lemon and drizzle over the remaining lemon vinaigrette.