Greek Loaded Fries
We have gone Mediterranean for our loaded fries but you can load them as you wish. We have added a delicious lamb meatball dish as an option feel free to try with or without the meatballs.
Credited to: Coeliac UK
Difficulty: Pretty easy
- Prepare the meatballs by placing all the ingredients into a food processor. Mix the ingredients together, then shape into hazelnut sized pieces, and place in the fridge to set for half an hour, or overnight.
- Then you can grill, bake or fry the meatballs until cooked through.
- To make the Tzatziki, coarsely grate the cucumber. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and squeeze out all the juice. Add the grated cucumber into a bowl with the yogurt, garlic, and mint, and mix well. Reserve until needed.
- Meanwhile cook the chips according to pack instructions. Toss the cooked chips with the olive oil and oregano.
- Put onto a serving platter and crumble the feta cheese over the fries. Drizzle over the tzatziki and top with the optional meatballs to serve.
Notes: *Please check our online food and drink information for suitable products.
- 600g chips*
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Flaked sea salt, to sprinkle
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 50g feta
- Handful of olives
- ¼ cucumber, halved and deseeded
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 250g minced lamb
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 slice gluten free bread*
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Gluten free flour for coating*
- Oil for frying