- 225g/8oz Juvela White Mix
- 1 x 5ml tsp Xanthan gum
- 25g/1oz Mature Cheddar (grated)
- 110g/4oz Butter (soft)
- 2 Medium eggs (1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk)
- ½ Medium onion (very finely diced)
- 50g/2oz grated cooking apple
- 1 x 5ml tsp Dried sage
- 400g/14oz Gluten free sausages meat.
- 1 x 15ml tbsp Milk
- Sprinkling coarse ground mixed peppercorns
- Light sprinkling Sea Salt
1. Prepare the pastry. Place half the weighed White Mix in a bowl with the remaining pastry ingredients and mix to a smooth paste with a fork. Work in remaining White Mix with the fork and then by hand and bring together to make a ball.
2. Knead on a work surface dusted with a little more White Mix. Divide into two. Roll out each to a 30 x 15cm rectangle on a sheet of baking parchment paper.
3. Combine filling ingredients together and shape into 2 x 30cm long sausage shapes. Rest each along the bottom length of the rolled pastry approximately 3cm from the bottom edge. Brush pastry with milk. Bring pastry up and over the sausage meat using the baking parchment and continue to roll over to form a long sausage roll. Cut into even size pieces and rest on a baking sheet.
4. Brush with milk and sprinkle with the seasonings. Bake until crisp and golden. Serve warm.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge. For best results warm gently before serving.