Each scone 210 calories/880 kJ, 1g fibre
- 225 g (8 oz) self raising gluten free flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 60 g (2 oz) margarine
- 60 g (2 oz) granulated sugar
- 60 g (2 oz) mixed dried fruit (optional)
- Approximately 140 mls (5 fl oz) milk
- Heat the oven to 200o C/400o F/gas 6
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add the margarine cut into pieces and rub in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and fruit if used and mix to a soft dough with the milk.
- Roll out on a board dusted with gluten free flour to about 1 cm /½ inch thick and cut into rounds with a plain cutter.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until well risen and browned.
- Cool on a wire tray.